Candy Corn Rice Treats
By Kami Bigler
Average User Rating:
These candy corn rice treats will look fabulous in a giant pumpkin bowl, making a centerpiece that will be the star of your Halloween party table.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- White almond bark
- Yellow and orange food coloring
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, evenly press mixture into prepared pan. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into 2-inch squares with a buttered knife. While the Rice Krispies treats are still warm, shape them into cones roughly the shape of a candy corn piece.
- Divide the almond bark evenly among three microwave-safe bowls. Microwave each batch of almond bark in the microwave in three batches. One at a time, microwave each bowl of almond bark until just melted. Color one of the batches with yellow food coloring and one with orange food coloring Leave the remaining batch white.
- Frost each shaped treat with the orange, white and yellow colored almond bark, yellow at the top, orange in the middle and white at the pointed tip.
- Wrap each one with plastic wrap to keep them fresh until your party.
Put each treat in a cellophane bag for presentation and tie with a black ribbon and a black plastic spider ring (look for them in your local party supply store). Right before your party starts, pile them into the pumpkin-bowl for a fun presentation for your guests.
About 20 treats
Work with one color of almond bark frosting at a time, as it cools quickly, and then won’t spread as well. Re-heat as needed.
The treats are best if served the same day. To store, wrap tightly in plastic wrap.