Breaded Fried Chicken
Originally submitted by Cassie Wicks and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A quick and tasty batter of cracker crumbs, flour and potato flakes lets these chicken tenders crisp up nice and crunchy. Serve them with sliced cucumbers and carrots and oven-baked fries for a true kid-pleaser.
- 30 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs. Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.
- Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg beat, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.
Servings per Recipe: 6
- calories: 321cal
- total fat: 15.5g
- cholesterol: 107mg
- sodium: 422mg
- carbohydrates: 14.4g
- fiber: 0.7g
- protein: 29.3g
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Ready In: 45 min.
Try it With: