Bow Tie Pasta with Smoked Sausage
Originally submitted by Homemaker and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A colorful toss of warm farfalle pasta, smoky kielbasa sausage, diced tomato and crumbly Parmesan cheese makes a perfect pasta dish that pairs well with crusty Italian rolls for dipping in leftover sauce.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound kielbasa
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender. Then stir in the kielbasa and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste and the pasta. Mix all together well, making sure the mixture is wet enough to cook the pasta. If necessary, mix in some water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Top with cheese and serve.
Servings per Recipe: 5
- calories: 594cal
- total fat: 35.4g
- cholesterol: 65mg
- sodium: 1599mg
- carbohydrates: 45.6g
- fiber: 3.9g
- protein: 22.3g
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Ready In: 60 min.
Try it With: