Blueberry Yogurt Ice
by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Average User Rating:
Summer-fresh blueberries and tangy yogurt team up for this frosty favorite. Light and refreshing, it makes a delightful dessert for casual summer parties or simply chilling out in your own backyard.
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) each granulated sugar and water
- 3 cups (750 mL) blueberries
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) plain 2% yogurt
- Simple Syrup: In saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let cool completely.
- Wash and stem blueberries and purée with yogurt to make Fresh Fruit Purée. Mix with Simple Syrup.
- Freeze in shallow metal cake pan for about 4 hours or until firm. Break into chunks; purée in food processor. Pack into airtight container and refreeze for 4 hours or until firm or for up to 2 days. (Or freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions.)