Blueberry Baked French Toast Casserole
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography by Christina Stanley-Salerno
Average User Rating:
This blueberry filled make ahead breakfast or brunch recipe is perfect for a holiday morning or any time you want to celebrate.
- 6 slices of sturdy, thick-cut white bread (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons butter, for pan
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish. Arrange slices on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure to cover the bread evenly with the egg mixture. Gently press down bread to insure that bread is fully submerged. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over the top. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 5 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.
5 hours 40 minutes
Chilling Time: 5 hours
Baking Time: 40 minutes