Bloody Punch with Floating Hand
Original Kaboose.com recipe by Stella Zedman
Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
This wickedly refreshing "bloody" punch, made of sweet apple, cranberry, grape juices, and fizzy cola, is sure to chill your guests at your next Halloween bash.
- 3 cups (500 mL) cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 cups (250 mL) apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups (250 mL) grape juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) caffeine-free cola
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen strawberries
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the cranberry juice, apple juice and grape juice. Stir, then refrigerate until you're ready to serve. At the last possible moment, add the cola, the strawberries and, of course, the Floating Hand of Death (directions below).
- In a measuring cup or jar, stir a few drops of green food coloring into some water -- not too much, just enough to give it a slightly decomposed tint. Pour the greenish water into a disposable rubber glove (the stretchy kind -- make sure it's not powder-coated inside) and tie the top securely. Place in the freezer for several hours or overnight. At serving time, peel the glove off the hand and deposit icy hand in chilled punch. Yum.
How kids can help
Stir together the punch ingredients.
Un-glove the Hand of Death and add to the punch.