Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Originally submitted by Paula and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Hearty black beans, red pepper, fresh cilantro, corn and green onions, dressed in a tangy southwestern lime-cumin vinaigrette, is best served on a bed of fluffy couscous to soak up all the fabulous flavors.
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 258cal
- total fat: 6.3g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- sodium: 566mg
- carbohydrates: 41.1g
- fiber: 9.6g
- protein: 10.5g
Ready In: 35 min.
Try it With:
Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
Related Recipes & Articles:
More Spring Recipes
More Mexican Recipes