Black and White Chocolate Fondue
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
Dark chocolate fondue, gorgeously swirled with white chocolate -- a wonderful addition to a dessert buffet or simply to share with your special someone.
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 10 oz (280 g). semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Grand Marnier, Kahlua or other liqueur
- 2 oz (56 g). white chocolate, chopped
- things to dip: fresh strawberries, sliced bananas, orange segments, cubed pound or sponge cake, biscotti, cookies
- Pour the whipping cream into a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring cream just to a simmer, then remove from heat. Add the semisweet chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in the liqueur.
- Transfer mixture to a small ceramic fondue pot over a tea light candle.
- Sprinkle the chopped white chocolate over the dark chocolate mixture, let stand for a minute or two to allow it to melt, then gently run a spoon through two or three times, just until marbled.
- Serve with an assortment of fresh fruit and chunks of cake for dipping.
Servings: Makes about 4 servings.
How kids can help:
Stir together chocolate fondue ingredients as it melts.
Sprinkle in the white chocolate and swirl together.