Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
Easy to make, succulent, and tender, a beef tenderloin gracing your table shows how special the occasion is.
- 1 6-pound trimmed beef tenderloin, or one 7-pound untrimmed beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered into 16 pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Make 16 incisions in different parts of the tenderloin and insert a piece of garlic in each. Rub oil over tenderloin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast about 50 minutes, checking after 40 minutes, or until thermometer registers 130 degrees F in the thickest part of the roast.
- Let rest covered loosely in foil 10 minutes before slicing.
Tips & Tricks
• Very rare: 125 degrees F.
• Rare: 130 degrees F.
• Medium Rare: 135 degrees F.
About 50 minutes
How kids can help
- Sprinkling roast with salt and pepper