Beef Taco Bake
Originally submitted by LBLK and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
With layers of seasoned ground beef, tangy sour cream, spicy Monterey Jack and crispy tortilla chips, this spicy beef casserole will let your family enjoy the tantalizing tastes of beef tacos without the mess.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) package corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat. Add the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, water, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked through and no pink remains.
- In the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish, place a layer of tortilla chips. Cover with a layer of the meat mixture then a layer of cheese. Repeat this process until the last layer is cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Servings per Recipe: 8
- calories: 672cal
- total fat: 42g
- cholesterol: 83mg
- sodium: 1101mg
- carbohydrates: 46.7g
- fiber: 4.6g
- protein: 28.9g
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Ready In: 45 min.