Originally submitted by Becky and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
This simple and saucy Mexican feast, made with seasoned ground beef tucked inside flour torillas topped with olives and Cheddar, is truly tasty. It's equally amazing with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package dry enchilada sauce mix
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef and onion until beef is evenly browned and onion is tender.
- Prepare the enchilada sauce according to package directions. Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- On each flour tortilla, place an equal portion of the ground beef mixture and about 2 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese, reserving at least 1/2 cup of cheese. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.
Servings per Recipe: 10
- calories: 457cal
- total fat: 20.7g
- cholesterol: 60mg
- sodium: 1160mg
- carbohydrates: 43.5g
- fiber: 3.5g
- protein: 22.5g
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Ready In: 45 min.
- Meat and Cheese Filled Empanadas
- Fabulous Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Mole
- Kid-Friendly Burritos
- More Mexican Recipes