Barbie Doll Cake
Originally submitted by Sherry Johnson and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Full of sugar and spice and everything nice, this sweet pink confection is designed to look like Barbie's hoop skirt. The icing can be piped on to resemble bows, flowers, trim or any other embellishments you like.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (16 ounce) packages vanilla frosting
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart ovenproof Pyrex glass mixing bowl with shortening and dust with flour.
- Prepare cake as directed on box. Pour batter into prepared bowl.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- Invert on cake plate with widest part of cake on the bottom. Cool 3 hours before decorating.
- Insert a clean doll into center of cake. Decorate the skirt with icing tinted any color or use more than one color. Use a decorator tip to make the skirt as fancy as you like.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 509cal
- total fat: 17.9g
- cholesterol: < 1mg
- sodium: 352mg
- carbohydrates: 87.1g
- fiber: 0.6g
- protein: 2g