Photography by Lucy Schaeffer
Average User Rating:
This colorful balloon cake is a brilliant idea for your next birthday bash or special celebration. Icing and licorice make wonderful strings for these tasty balloons made of frosted sugar cookies or snickerdoodles.
- Baked sheet cake
- Vanilla frosting
- Food Coloring
- Couple of small bowls
- Knives or small spatulas (for spreading frosting)
- Icing in a tube or licorice strings (for balloon strings)
- Round baked cookies (sugar cookies or snickerdoodles work great)
- Frost your baked and cooled sheet cake with vanilla frosting.
- Put a very small amount of frosting in a bowl. Add food coloring, mixing as you add, to obtain the desired shade. Repeat in additional bowls for each balloon color you wish to create.
- Frost the cookies and add to the cake.
- Use licorice strings or icing in a tube to create strings for the balloons.