Baked Swiss Tuna Melts
by Stella Zedman
Average User Rating:
A twist on the tried-and-true tuna sandwich, these zippy oven melts, made with hard-boiled eggs, pickles, Swiss, mayo and mustard on a toasted kaiser, make for fabulous lunch fare.
- 1 can (170 g) flaked tuna, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium pickle, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard (or regular mustard, if you prefer)
- 4 kaiser or sesame buns, split
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, eggs, green onions, pickle and cheese. Add the mayonnaise and mustard and stir to mix.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into split buns, dividing it evenly. Wrap each bun tightly in foil. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes — or until the cheese is melted and the filling is hot.
How kids can help
Mix together all the filling ingredients, stuff and wrap the buns.
Italian Pasta Melt
Cuban Turkey Sandwich
Baked French Fries
Related Recipes & Articles:
Tasty Sandwich Recipes
Lunch Sandwich Ideas
Healthy & Delicious Sandwich Suggestions
Healthy Snacks for Kids
After-School Snack Recipes