Baked Brie with Apricot-Cherry Chutney
Original Kaboose.com recipe and photography
Average User Rating:
Warm oozy brie crowned with a jewel-toned sweet and savory chutney it is the perfect dish to serve at a festive gathering.
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apricot nectar or water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup light colored raisins
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 2-pound wheel of Brie
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- French bread
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir apricots, brown sugar, apricot nectar, onion, cherries, raisins, vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture’s liquid is syrupy and it has been reduced to 2 & 1/2 cups.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a cookie sheet place the brie and top with the chutney. Bake 12 minutes or until middle is gooey and warm when checked with a knive.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve with sliced French bread.
- Any dried fruit you like may be substituted for the cherries, apricots and raisins.
- One tablespoon of freshly grated ginger can be used in place of the ground ginger.
- The chutney can be made up to two weeks ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Ready In: 50 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes
Related Recipes & Articles:
Christmas and Holiday Eats and Treats