Angel Hair Pasta with Asparagus
Originally submitted by S. Butters and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
A springtime saute of tender spears of fresh asparagus tossed with angel hair pasta, mushrooms and Parmesan makes a lovely lunch or light supper.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Servings per Recipe: 4
- calories: 299cal
- total fat: 9.4g
- cholesterol: 10mg
- sodium: 413mg
- carbohydrates: 40.2g
- fiber: 5.2g
- protein: 17.1g