Almond Chicken Kabobs
Originally submitted by Jessica and modified by Kaboose.com
Average User Rating:
Tender chunks of chicken are basted in a sweet tangy marinade of Dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice and coated in toasted almonds for these succulent skewers that grill up golden and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- In a medium, nonreactive bowl, blend Dijon mustard, honey, vegetable oil, and lemon juice. Place chicken in the mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, and, turning occasionally, allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Lightly oil outdoor grill grate, then preheat grill for high heat. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Arrange on the prepared grill, and cook 7 to 10 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush chicken occasionally with remaining marinade while cooking.
- Remove skewers from heat, and quickly roll in the almonds to lightly coat chicken. Discard remaining marinade mixture.
Servings per Recipe: 16
- calories: 58cal
- total fat: 2.4g
- cholesterol: 17mg
- sodium: 43mg
- carbohydrates: 1.7g
- fiber: 0.3g
- protein: 7.4g
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Ready In: 90 min.